Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Depression and the medical system

My first post probably gave visitors the impression that I don't believe in depression as an illness. While this is true, I can only say this is true for me. There are many that are so very far down this track, whether through the medical system or through severe hardship, that this kind of view is completely irrational and probably offensive at best. In fact, I would imagine that many in the medical fraternity would tell you how depression is a debilitating physical problem that can only be treated by drugs. I mean the evidence is there isn't it? Although the evidence is there, I don't believe science is advanced enough yet to present you with the whole truth.

Will, determination and viewing life as a challenge rather than a terrible burden is something that we must all discover with in ourselves. In my belief system, depression is a a mental and emotional problem, that can be overcome. However you may struggle with this point of view, however all i suggest that you do, is look into yourself. I mean we are hear why not learn as much as we can about ourselves? How does it feel when I feel down? What seems to trigger these feelings? What does it feel like when i am relaxed? When do i close my heart? When does my heart feel open? All these are great questions to be asked, the answers are within you.

Happy exploring

No comments:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." Nelson Mandela